Business for Creatives is an 8 week program that will help you get started and stay motivated, so you can live your dream of being an artist and share your passion with more people.
For years, I stopped painting. All of my work ended up in the basement or trash because I didn’t know how to make money from my art. I felt my creativity didn’t matter.
I went to art school, but they never mentioned anything about the business side, so I’m sharing all of the successes, failures and lessons I’ve learned as a full-time artist and entrepreneur to make things easier for you.
Streamlining where I spend my time and realizing what I enjoy doing most has led to thousands of customers and students around the world, press on Oprah.com, five books on Amazon, eighteen online classes, opportunities to teach in-person, sales in galleries and shops, and, most importantly, I have built a lifestyle I love that allows me to travel, paint and share my passion with others.
My husband Brian of HumaniITy is also my IT guru and will be sharing tips, resources and tools for ways he has helped me implement the appropriate technology into my business.
Selling what you create doesn’t need to feel impossible or overwhelming, sharing your art is a service. I’ll teach you ways to do this effortlessly, so you save time and don’t feel sales-y.
I’ll share my successes and mistakes so you don’t get too far down the wrong path and can stay on the fast track, establishing your business smoothly and spending more time in the studio.
This class is for anyone who dreams of making their living being an artist, maker or creator. You’ll get the tools you need to feel confident and organized so you can move forward, stay consistent and take the next step to transition into a full time creative career and have more time and energy to make your art.
I really want you to get as much as you can out of this training program, so I’ll be doing two Q&A sessions during class to answer all of your questions and help your business grow.
Selling my artwork and sharing it with you for a living is something I never thought possible. I wish for you to live your dreams too.
- 8 Week online class
- Videos, podcasts, and text lessons
- Cheat sheets and resource lists
- Q&A Sessions
- Lifetime access to our online business community to connect and get support
- 1 year access to the classroom
- All content is downloadable
Downloadable Templates for:
- Marketing a successful product launch
- Negotiating a contract
- Handling commissions
- And more…
Technology Tips, Resources + Tools
My husband Brian of HumaniITy is also my IT guru and will be sharing videos, resources and lessons on ways he has helped me implement the appropriate technology into my business… to streamline social media and make bookkeeping easy. He will be sharing lessons covering:
- Social media scheduling tools
- Recording videos for online classes
- Tools for video editing and uploading
- Analyzing website traffic with Google Analytics
- Creating Facebook Ads and paid promotions
- Utilizing free tools for bookkeeping
- How to backup, scan and save your image and video files
- Choosing the right website hosting platform
- Using Google Apps to streamline your business and look more professional
A Few of the Other topics that will be Covered:
- Selling originals, prints and other products
- Getting press
- Taking better photos
- Getting published
- Social media
- Launching your own online classes
- Selling wholesale and licensing
- Finding your target audience
- Exhibiting your work
- How to launch a successful online shop
- Building an effective website
- Finding ways to sell whatever you create
- Running a successful product launch
- Marketing strategically, effectively and naturally
- Tips for growing your newsletter list
- Deciding what direction to take your business
- Tips and tools to streamline your business
- Goal setting and planning
- Building a dedicated following
- Creative community
- Teaching opportunities
- Promotional materials
- Packaging and shipping
- And so much more…
- Click here for the full class outline and schedule (PDF)
|This course begins September 2nd, 2018. Registration closes September 9th.|
|All content is downloadable (videos, podcasts, lessons, cheat sheets and resource lists), Q&A sessions & Lifetime Access to our Online Business Community.|
|For any artist, maker, creator or doer who is interested in growing their online presence and making money from what they create.|
|$299 with code PASSION (limited spaces) / reg: $499|
Who Should Take Business For Creatives?
Whether you’re new to selling your art or looking to grow, this class will teach you how to market your work effectively and organically so you can increase your audience and build your business.
The goal for this class is for you to stop feeling stuck and start feeling full of ideas and naturally sell what you create. If you can do that, you will become a more confident artist and business owner.
While I reached the celebrated six figures a year in my third year of business, this is not a class on how to get rich quick or be super scheme-y and slimey about it all.
I’ve learned to create clear, loving boundaries for myself and I’ll be sharing all of my secrets and strategies to help you move forward – that means I’m revealing the highs and lows of running my business, my successes and failures and step by step instruction so you can get started and feel encouraged, focused and motivated along the way.
By far, owning my own business has the been the hardest I’ve ever worked, but it has been so rewarding to have the opportunity to inspire others around the world and live a life where I feel I’m fulfilled and making a difference.
This Class Is For You If…
* You’ve ever dreamed of quitting your day job and making your living as an artist or creator. In this class you’ll learn how I started and currently run my business.
* You’ve dreamed of getting serious about making your living from what you create. This class will help you focus and give your a push in the right direction.
* You want to feel more secure in showing your art to the world and more confident in the decisions you make about selling your art. In this class I share all of my successes and failures in running a business, so you can feel like you’re on the right track.
* You want to grow a successful, sustainable business that feeds your soul and uplifts others along the way. In this class I share my own story so you know what has and hasn’t worked for me to grow my business and be a full-time artist.
* You feel un-organized and scattered and want to learn how to get more focused or stay motivated so you can move forward. In this class I reveal all of my tips and tricks to help you streamline your business so you have more time to create more art and share it with more people.
I stopped doing art for years after college because I didn’t know how to make money from it. I felt my creativity didn’t matter. I’d gone to art school, but no one ever mentioned how to navigate the business side. That’s why I’m teaching this class.
I’ve had all sorts of jobs- arts and technology journalist, editorial assistant, photographer, gallery manager, graphic designer, floral designer, landscaper, web developer and computer programmer. Nothing ever seemed to fit. But having all of those jobs helped prepare me in different ways for my life as a full-time artist and entrepreneur.
Along the way, I’ve focused on what I enjoy doing most, which has led to thousands of customers and students around the world, press in Glamour Magazine, Somerset Studio and Oprah.com, being published in multiple books, having five books of my own on Amazon, launching eighteen online classes, opportunities to teach in-person, sales in galleries and shops, and, most importantly, I have built a lifestyle I love that allows me to travel, paint and share my passion with others.
HOW MY ONLINE COURSES WORK
I design my courses with busy people in mind. There’s a private facebook group just for business students to connect, share, support and learn from each other. All in an encouraging and friendly environment that you can enjoy right from home.
Once you register, you’ll receive an email with the class log-in details. If you don’t find the email in your inbox after 48 hours, please contact Brian at email@example.com
Sorry, no refunds once you have paid for this course.
When is this course?
This course begins September 2nd, 2018. Registration closes September 9th.
How long do I have access to the course?
You have access to the classroom for 1 year from the day class begins and lifetime access to the Business Class Facebook Group for ongoing support and community (for as long as the group is running).
I’ve never taken an online course. How does it work?
Once you register, you will receive the login and password needed to access the class’s private website. Lessons will begin to post the first day of class. There is also an optional private facebook group for ongoing support and community..
How do I sign up?
Sign up by clicking the register button on this page to proceed with your paypal payment. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I share the workshop site, info and videos with a friend?
No. Please keep in mind, I have really put all my heart into this workshop and I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t share the links with anyone who has not paid for class.
What if I get behind?
Please don’t feel rushed. All of the content is downloadable and there is 1 year access to the classroom, so you have time to work at your own pace.
Can I give this course as a gift?
Of course. Just email me at email@example.com
Can I use my ipad?
Yes, all of the videos and lessons are ipad compatible.
Are payment plans available?
Absolutely. When you click on the button to register, you will have the option to choose a 6 Month Payment Plan.
I’d already taken a course from Juliette, so my expectations were high. They were exceeded in this excellent course that brings together all the moving parts that must work together for a successful business – Skyler Lovelace
Business for Creatives is a beautifully presented online workshop that touches on most aspects of a creative business and is a wonderful introduction into the world of the visual arts. The content is delivered in an authentic, personable manner. – Veronica Funk
This course really helped me feel more confident about my creative business. It is thorough and really easy to follow. There is so much great information, it’s like having my hand held in getting my business started. – Holly Jaleski
It has been over the top helpful to hear all the details about how Juliette created her business, year by year. I LOVE learning about her experience, and all the learnings and transformations she had along the way. – Catherine Rains
Business For Creatives really helped me to focus on what my work is all about and my vision of where I’m going. There’s also really useful info about setting up your website and the ins and outs of products, how to create them, pricing etc. – Zoe Howarth