In this class I share simple techniques to give you the confidence and courage to paint an owl you love.
Whether you adore owls like I do or if you’re just looking to loosen up and let go, this class is open to all skill levels and experiences. We’ll play with painting backgrounds and layers, experiment with lots of different art supplies, and have fun draw and coloring in our sketchbooks.
WEEKLY VIDEOS COVER
- painting faces and eyes
- painting and various techniques to create more owls
- sketching and coloring owls
- painting eyes, faces, details and close-ups
- loosening up and letting go
- mixed media backgrounds
- whimsy and color
- making your owl your own
- adding top coats
- simple shape template for creating any whimsical animal or character
Three very in-depth posts per week
- weekly technique posts include video demos with me talking, step by step photos, optional assignments and written explanations
- weekly inspiration posts with videos, photos and stories from other artists and resources
- weekly life as an artist videos and stories, answering the questions I get asked most often
- tricks I’ve learned along the way-what supplies work best, how to make everything fit together, and ways to really make your character and background pop.
- in-depth technique lessons with me talking you through every step of my painting process, layer by layer.
- life as an artist videos where I answer the questions I get asked most often
Techniques for Getting Unstuck & Loosening Up
- fun and easy mixed media techniques I use to loosen up and generate new ideas
- video demos for creating luscious layers and backgrounds
Step by Step Demos on Painting Eyes & Faces
- a download collage sheet with step by step instructions
- photo and video instructions for painting and shading faces
- step by step template and video for creating any Whimsical Character
- step by step video for drawing eyes
- how to video for adding top coats (My 3-Step Process)
Downloadable Cheat Sheets
- printable pdf with simple step by step instructions for drawing eyes
- printable pdf with simple step by step instructions for shading faces
- printable pdf with simple shape template for creating different characters
- Private Gallery & Discussion Group where I will be answering questions and giving feedback
- Private Facebook group full of community support and encouragement.
WEEKS AT A GLANCE
Week 1: Loosening Up and Letting Go with Owl Sketches and Paintings
i’ll share with you the simple shape templates i use to create my new owls. we’ll play with drawing owls in different postures and adding details to give our owls personality. we’ll also learn lots about color and shading, gather inspiration and loosen up with drawing in our sketchbooks.
Week 2: Backgrounds & Color
i’ve been experimenting with lots of new techniques and art supplies, so this week is all about playing with all new mixed media layers and painting backgrounds. i’ll show you ways i use my favorite supplies together and why i choose certain mixed media supplies.
Week 3: Painting Dream Owls
we’ll take all of our sketches and inspiration from the last two weeks and start painting our owls. the sleep owl is one of my new favorites. it gives us the opportunity to focus on the details, color and developing a style that is unique to you!
Week 4: Painting Shy Owls
i always love giving my owls personality. this week i’ll show you how to give your owl character and whimsy. we’ll also loosen up with creating owls in new ways in our sketchbooks to really open up to new ideas and characters and find unique style.
Week 5: Faces and Eyes
this week we’ll focus on eyes and faces. we’ll also combine everything we’ve been learning about color, shapes and supplies to really create a balanced composition. we’ll get into all of the tricks i’ve learned along the way too- what supplies work best together and how to really make your characters stand out.
Week 6: Finding Your Style, Top Coats and Review
this week i’ll share how i evolve my own style and show you exactly the steps i take to enhance my own voice in my artwork. plus we’ll go over top coats along with everything we’ve learned and have lots of time to catch up. i’ll also be sure to answer any questions you might have that i’m sure will help everyone in the workshop!
|In-Depth Videos With Narration, Step by Step Photo Tutorials & Life As An Artist videos each week. plus Bonus Videos, Downloadable Cheat Sheets & Forever Access to Private Facebook Community|
|For anyone and everyone. Beginners are welcome.|
I took your how to paint an owl 2 class and I don’t know what happened here….it’s like you took me on a whole new dimension. I loved it……and I love how owls are taking such a big part in my life at the moment and I love how you are so in touch with your playful nature. That’s what I really needed to remember… thank you once again” – Shiva Shakti
I can not thank you enough for the classes you have made. I have taken three of your classes and have learned to use what you teach and add my own spin on it. I believe I am developing my own style. I have made quite a few owls and love making them Thank you for sharing you gift. – Mary Peritore
This class has taken me to the next level in my creativity and opened me up to a more intuitive processI really liked the set up of the class and the 3 approaches: technique driven, inspiration driven and life as an artist posts. Each one offered a different aspect of the creative process. Of course the videos demos were very helpful and enjoyable. I found that I was able to take what I learned and apply it in my own unique way which is a very different experience I’ve had with other online classes where the student is left to make their own copy/version of what they have seen. – Donna Lange