I wanted to create a class that would help you paint faces and eyes in a way that is unique to you.
The question I get asked most often in my classes is how I paint my eyes and faces. So many have said they want to develop their own style, so in this class, I share many different mixed media faces and techniques that will strengthen your own voice and rekindle your creative spark.
For years, I stopped painting. All of my artwork ended up in the basement or trash. Then I lost my job. To heal my spirit, I went back to what I loved most as a child – taking my art supplies into the backyard and creating.
Now I’ve fallen in love with mixed media painting and out of all of the painting techniques I’ve ever tried, the one thing I always return to is remembering to have fun. This brings joy into the process, which inevitably gets infused into your artwork and always makes anyone who sees it smile.
That means we’ll be painting all sorts of whimsical characters and animals – with primitive faces, imperfect faces, cat faces, bear faces, soft faces, wild faces and so much more. We’ll also add shading, focus on eyes, layer with collage, experiment with nontraditional art supplies and loosen up with paintings in our sketchbooks, so even if you never have enough time or space, you can still get creative and paint.
- painting mixed media portraits, faces and eyes
- shading faces
- drawing eyes
- experimenting with various art supplies
- mixed media backgrounds
- whimsy and color
- loosening up and letting go
- watercolor paintings
- adding top coats
- simple shape template for creating any whimsical animal or character
- There are over ten in-depth mixed media exercises and three bonus projects to help you develop your own style, especially when painting eyes and faces. I talk you through every step of my process, layer by layer, sharing my mistakes and frustrations, so you know what I’m doing and why.
- i share my painting process, letting you know when I make mistakes, how I fix them and how I talk myself out of getting frustrated so I can keep on creating.
- with each lesson, I’ll share tips and things to remember along with a detailed materials and colors list
Downloadable Cheat Sheets
- printable pdf with simple step by step instructions for drawing eyes
- printable pdf with simple step by step instructions for shading faces
- printable pdf with simple shape template for creating different characters
- Forever access to my Private Facebook group that is full of creative support and encouragement – where I am always available to answer your questions and provide feedback.
|Starts August 6th. Registration closes August 13th.|
|In-Depth Painting Videos with Narration & Text|
|For anyone and everyone. Beginners are welcome. I try and instruct in a way that benefits beginner and skilled artists|
|$169 with code EARLY (limited spaces) / reg: $199|
Sometimes I get stuck and often I wonder how I can be sure to paint something really ugly and awkward. But that’s something I’ve learned from you: to let go, LET IT BE, to relax and to be patient. To play around and try things with my art supplies. – Anja Nowack
Sitting down in front of my computer in the morning and logging into this class was the highlight of my day. You are an exceptional teacher and I have learned so much. Thank you for the countless hours it took you to prepare this class. You are my inspiration. I liked watching the videos over and over again and when I went to create my owl, I was pleased with what I had done…..this would not be possible without such an excellent teacher. – Jacqueline Bartels
I’ve been painting like a crazed person, one owl after another and each one different. What a great time I am having! Thank you for all your lessons and helpful hints. Watching you paint is amazing! Thank you for the “ugly” stage, I have often given up at this stage, but not anymore. I just keep on going. – Patricia Armbrust