I wanted to create a class that would help you paint faces and eyes in a way that is unique to you.
The question I get asked most often in my classes is how I paint my eyes and faces. So many have said they want to develop their own style, so in this class, I share many different mixed media faces and techniques that will strengthen your own voice and rekindle your creative spark.
For years, I stopped painting. All of my artwork ended up in the basement or trash. Then I lost my job. To heal my spirit, I went back to what I loved most as a child – taking my art supplies into the backyard and creating.
Now I’ve fallen in love with mixed media painting and out of all of the painting techniques I’ve ever tried, the one thing I always return to is remembering to have fun. This brings joy into the process, which inevitably gets infused into your artwork and always makes anyone who sees it smile.
That means we’ll be painting all sorts of whimsical characters and animals – with primitive faces, imperfect faces, cat faces, bear faces, soft faces, wild faces and so much more. We’ll also add shading, focus on eyes, layer with collage, experiment with nontraditional art supplies and loosen up with paintings in our sketchbooks, so even if you never have enough time or space, you can still get creative and paint.
- painting mixed media portraits, faces and eyes
- shading faces
- drawing eyes
- experimenting with various art supplies
- mixed media backgrounds
- whimsy and color
- loosening up and letting go
- watercolor paintings
- adding top coats
- simple shape template for creating any whimsical animal or character
- 10 in-depth painting projects with me talking you through every step of my process, layer by layer, so you know what I’m doing and why
- painting portraits on paper using mixed media supplies
- Step by Step videos for drawing eyes, shading faces adding top coats and creating any character
- i share my painting process, letting you know when I make mistakes, how I fix them and how I talk myself out of getting frustrated so I can keep on creating.
- with each lesson, I’ll share tips and things to remember along with a detailed materials and colors list
Downloadable Cheat Sheets
- printable pdf with simple step by step instructions for drawing eyes
- printable pdf with simple step by step instructions for shading faces
- printable pdf with simple shape template for creating different characters
- Private Facebook group full of community support and encouragement.
|In-Depth Painting Videos with Narration & Text|
|For anyone and everyone. Beginners are welcome. I try and instruct in a way that benefits beginner and skilled artists|